Finished Realistic Still Life

 Final Realistic-Shaded Still Life



For this piece I setup a still-life containing two pairs on a wrinkled white sheet.
This was setup during between 1-5 pm on a sunny day inside my conservatory.
A big problem with drawing from a still life setup is the constant changing shadow directions.
For this a white lamp would be better as a consistent source, however, I did not have one handy.

Overall I believe this one of my stronger peices of drawing. The shading of the stalk displaying harsh light direction, the overall volume, wrinkles on the sheet, dark contact shadows and bounce lighting on the left pair show an understanding of the techniques needed to draw a still life.

References:
:







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final - Still Life

Painting Creative Piece

Tonal value study