Colour Study - Cut Green Capsicum

 




Above, you can see my attempt at recreating a cut-open green capsicum. Overall, I believe the artwork bears a resemblance to the subject, but there are some areas that could be improved.

One particular area of concern is the depiction of the seeds. While the seeds on the left side of the capsicum appear close to the desired result, the ones on the right side lack the necessary highlighting. This is an area where I acknowledge the need for improvement. I encountered difficulties in detailing the seeds and ended up using broad brush strokes and darker shades in an attempt to achieve some variation.

If I had more time, one additional element I would have incorporated into the artwork is the addition of shading underneath the capsicum. I could have rendered the appropriate shadows to create a sense of depth and enhance the overall realism of the piece. 


Reference Photo:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final - Still Life

Painting Creative Piece

Tonal value study