Finished Cross-Hatched Style Still-Life

 Final Cross-Hatched Style Still-Life:



For this still-life piece I used a technique referred to as "Cross Hatching" to shade
the two pairs in my new still life setup. Similar to my realistic still life, this was completed in my conservatory between 1-5pm, however, the main difference being the weather. That day was a particularly overcast day which required me to put my setup inside a box to try and get stronger shadows. Overall, however, this did result in a weaker still-life setup.

Overall, I believe this was a success, however weaker than my realistic shading still life.
Shading in cross hatch is particularly hard as big areas such as the sheet in the background was hard to shade without looking "scratchy". This piece took significantly more time, but the harsh contact shadows, wrinkles and bounce lighting on the right pear do help this piece stand out. Cross-hatching is a style I need more practice for.

References:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final - Still Life

Painting Creative Piece

Tonal value study