Draft Character Turn-Around

 Draft Character Turn-around


For my draft turn around I needed to work out the exact proportions, twist directions and angles of my character. I used guiding lines to determine my 3/4 turns and used internal shading to determine volume.

The general design represents a wounded and weakened position. This is signified by the posture; with weakened knees, slightly hunched over neck position, a relaxed right hand and his left hand covering a wound.

Originally the hand was lower down, however, this was moved due to reasons obvious in the back turn around to most (except me).


References:

I referenced postures and volumes from an anatomy book and an array of images sent via my lecturer,
As i do not know the copy or redistribution rights, I will exclude them from this section.

However i can include my hand position references:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final - Still Life

Painting Creative Piece

Tonal value study